Are you reading this and haven’t yet joined 12 x 12? TODAY is the last day to join. Don’t miss your chance! Register now!
I have some excellent advice for anyone who needs serious motivation to write and revise (besides joining 12 x 12 of course)! Sign up for an in-person picture book writing boot camp with Jane Yolen (which I did, and which is coming up in TWO WEEKS). I can tell you the specter of sharing your work with Jane (who is my FAVORITE children’s author) will act like super glue between your butt and your chair. 🙂
Suffice it to say my February was productive. I fully revised two manuscripts and wrote a new draft. Then it occurred to me that for the first time ever, I am in a position to win my own challenge! Believe it or not, in the previous two years, I’ve been out of the running by this time. So I am quite giddy.
So my little 12 x 12 friends, how did you do in February? Are you off to a drafty beginning? Let us know in the comments and in the Rafflecopter. Also, thank you once again to the fabulous Wendi Silvano, February’s featured author, who gave us excellent instruction on writing character-driven picture books!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a critique from Wendi Silvano:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Critique from Wendi Silvano” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Wendi’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Wendi’s blog post. Commenting on Wendi’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in February. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in February. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in Febuary. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on March 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on March 2nd.
We are on our way to another successful year in 12×12!
a Rafflecopter giveaway