I am having a difficult time believing it’s spring since there was snow in my yard just two days ago. But I CAN report some good news from March. I revised like ca-razy — major revisions on at least three different manuscripts. And I did write a new draft, albeit not one that will be suitable for future publication because it’s already been published on my blog. It’s a little ditty I created in honor of Jane Yolen after spending a magnificent weekend at her master picture book writing boot camp. How Does Jane Yolen Say Goodnight? I’m counting it because it would be a book if Jane had written it, and not every draft will be one that ends up on bookstore shelves. This draft came straight from the heart too. If only all my manuscripts would! 🙂
How about you my 12 x 12 friends? Are your manuscripts roaring like a lion? Let us know in the comments and in the Rafflecopter. Also, thank you once again to the wonderful Deborah Underwood, March’s featured author, who showed up how to succeed in difficult genres. Be sure to stop back tomorrow to meet our April author!
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win signed copies of Here Comes the Easter Cat and Bad Bye, Good Bye by Deborah Underwood:
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Signed copies of Here Comes the Easter Cat and Bad Bye, Good Bye” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Deborah’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Deborah’s blog post. Commenting on Deborah’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in March. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in March. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in March. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on April 1st to enter your results. Rafflecopter will draw a winner and I’ll announce it on the blog on April 2nd.
Three months down, nine to go!
a Rafflecopter giveaway