I can’t ever get very far away from collective nouns. 🙂 I have a number of things to share today, so let’s dive right in.
1. The lovely and talented Elizabeth Dulemba interviewed Susan Eaddy and me about our venture to crowdfund MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN on Kickstarter. Please join us over there to get “twofer” answers on Elizabeth’s great questions AND to win a copy of the book when it releases next fall. Thanks to Elizabeth for hosting us!!
2. There are just THREE days left in our Kickstarter campaign. Although we have reached our funding goal, publishing a book is just the first step. Then comes finding an audience and promoting. All extra $ we raise will go toward providing free school visits to underfunded schools and PR/Marketing for the book. No pledge is too small. Spreading the word also helps immensely! Here are some “click to tweets” to make it easy for you if you are on twitter.
Go to @dulemba for a chance to WIN a #picturebook funded on #kickstarter! http://ow.ly/rB5fH + meet author & illustrator #giveaway (Click to tweet this)
Final days of #kickstarter campaign for lovely #picturebook. Extra $ go to school visits + audience-building. http://kck.st/1aCWc9p (Click to tweet this)
I backed this beautiful #picturebook on #Kickstarter. Have you? Just 3 days left – check it out! http://kck.st/1aCWc9p (Click to tweet this)
This #picturebook was funded in record time on #Kickstarter. You’ll see why if you visit the campaign. Just 3 days left! http://kck.st/1aCWc9p (Click to tweet this)
3 days left to back @JulieFHedlund effort to not only pub #picturebook but share with many kiddos. http://kck.st/1aCWc9p #kickstarter (Click to tweet this)
3. Information on registration for 12 x 12 in 2014, including membership levels and fees, has been posted. HOWEVER, there are no payment links yet because registration does not open until January 6, 2014. The information is there for you to determine which membership level is right for you and to budget. If you were not a member in 2013, the best way to be kept informed on registration openings, program features, etc. is to sign up for the 12 x 12 mailing list to make sure you receive the most up-to-date information. Existing members do not need to sign up for this list – I know where you are. 🙂
4. I have NOT FORGOTTEN about the December featured author post for 12 x 12. It’s coming! I think the holidays have been a bit killer for everyone with December coming two days after Thanksgiving. So stay tuned my friends.
5. On a personal note, I hosted my first-ever book release party yesterday for A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS. What a thrill! I’m looking forward to doing many more events in schools, libraries and bookstores in 2014. There’s no adrenaline rush quite like signing books, I’ve discovered. 🙂
That’s all for now folks! For everyone who, in thousands of different ways, have supported my writing journey and my books – THANK YOU!Categories: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Crowdfunding, Digital Publishing, Entertaining, Giveaway, Picture Books, Publishing, Social Media, Storybook Apps, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Crowdfunding, Elizabeth O. Dulemba, Entertaining, Giveaway, Kickstarter, My Love for You is the Sun, Picture Books, Publishing, Susan Eaddy, Writing