Want to proclaim your participation in 12 x 12 while donating to a worthy cause? Or perhaps you just want to contribute to a worthy cause and get some cool gear. Either way, the 12 x 12 in 2012 Cafe Press store officially opened its “doors” today.
One hundred percent of the proceeds of sales in the 12 x 12 store will be donated to First Book, a nonprofit which has distributed more than 85 million books and educational resources to programs and schools serving children from low-income families throughout the United States and Canada.
From the First Book website:
- First Book increases children’s interest in reading. Two separate studies found that “high interest in reading” triples among children who received new books from First Book.
- First Book empowers teachers. 99.2 percent of programs that receive books from First Book are able to increase their literacy efforts and offer new curriculum activities, including parent engagement programs.
- First Book improves literacy in the home. With First Book’s resources, families are able to create home libraries for the first time. More than 70 percent of children who received books through First Book reported increased reading at home.
- First Book engages a growing number of programs. More than 25,000 programs are registered with First Book and hundreds more join each week.
- First Book is mission-driven and highly efficient. 95 cents of every dollar donated to First Book supports our efforts to provide new books to children in need.