This being Mother’s Day, I am compelled to dedicate this Gratitude Sunday post to my children and my mother. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!! In honor, I slipped in a few extra “motherhood” gratitude quotes.
Quotes on Gratitude for Mothers
“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” -Washington Irving
“Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.” -Sophocles
“God could not be everywhere and therefore He made mothers.” -Jewish Proverb
“Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.” -Kahlil Gibran
“You may have tangible wealth untold: Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be. I had a Mother who read to me.” -Strickland Gillilan
Gratitude List for the week ending Sunday, May 9th
- My two beautiful children
- Their wonderful father
- My own heroic mother, by whose example I strive to abide each and every day
- Along with my mother, Phil’s parents, and Nancy for being our “village” and the best grandparents children could hope to have.
- My father, although no longer here, my kids remember his big bear hugs and the ferocious love that went with them.
- My girlfriends – some mothers, some not – all have helped me along my own motherhood journey
- Wine – cause sometimes moms just need some!
- Books, for giving me the “great escape” when I need it.
- Mother’s Day – one day that I don’t have to cook or fold laundry! 🙂
- Did I mention my two smart, funny, talented, gorgeous, loving children???
What are you grateful for this week?Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Parenting · Tags: Children, Fathers, Friends, Gratitude Sunday, Mother's Day, Motherhood, Mothers