Sometimes, it really is the simplest of gestures that can have the greatest impact. This week, understandably, I had many requests from 12 x 12 members for help accessing or navigating the Membership Forum, the Facebook Group Page and other aspects of managing their memberships. In the midst of a particularly busy morning, I got an email card from one of the members thanking me for my hard work and letting me know it wasn’t going unrecognized.
I can’t even express how touched I was, especially since helping 12 x 12 members is most definitely a huge part of my job, and one I do gladly. She had no reason to reach out other than to be nice. It got me thinking about how often I feel gratitude toward others that goes unexpressed (except in these weekly posts).
So a new part of my gratitude practice will be to thank others regularly and out loud. These weekly posts are a wonderful practice, but that one email made me realize how much power expressed gratitude has on the lives and well being of others.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Saint Francis of Assisi
“Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” — Ralph Blum
Gratitude list for the week ending January 11
- My snuggly son and my loving daughter, who were particularly snuggly and loving this week.
- We’ve topped 200 members in 12 x 12 – in less than two weeks of registration! The Membership Forum is alive with members sharing resources, providing feedback on manuscripts, pitches and queries. It’s amazing to see the community grow, with old members welcoming new and new members bringing fresh energy and enthusiasm.
- I am part of the most amazing mastermind group EVER! We met for the first time since before the holidays, and it was such a relief to have them back to bounce off ideas, troubles, and plans.
- The Writer magazine contacted ME for quotes on how to create a sticky, engaging author website. I still can’t believe it.
- Making plans for my upcoming trip to New York in February, where, among other things, I’ll get to stay with one of my BFFs Katie Davis!
- I’ll be in Florence for the Writer’s Renaissance Retreat THREE MONTHS from this very day! In fact, I will have been there for almost two weeks by this very day.
- Some much-needed solitude – right smack in my own home.
- A bath, a fire, a book, and red wine. Nice way to spend that evening of solitude.
- Watching Pitch Perfect. Such an enjoyable movie.
- Waking up this morning to a coat of frost covering the trees and the ground. Magical.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Books, Family, Florence, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Movies, Winter · Tags: 12 x 12, Author, Books, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Movies, Picture Books, Pitch Perfect, Reading, Solitude, The Writer Magazine, Writer's Renaissance, Writer's Retreat