I attended a webinar this week where I was reminded of this quote by Marianne Williamson, which I love so much and which I think everyone should adopt as a mantra. It is certainly what I want to pass on to my beautiful daughter, who reached double digits on Tuesday.
For that reason, it will be our only quote this week.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” — Marianne Williamson
Gratitude list for the week ending January 19
- Em turned 10 years old. I am so proud of and amazed by her. I love her more with each passing day.
- Lemon curd birthday cake from Huckleberry’s. The ONLY kind of cake that can go head to head with chocolate.
- Membership in 12 x 12 topped 300 this week!
- My friends Emma, Jon and Katie for helping spread the word about 12 x 12 and bringing in many memberships.
- Another registration came in for Writer’s Renaissance – only 2 spaces left!
- Seeing Les Mis and being convinced that the movie could be as powerful as the musical. I wonder if I will ever see it, in any form, where I don’t end up an emotional basket case at the end… Probably not.
- A nice long chat with an old friend
- The fleece sheets I got for Christmas
- A champagne toast with my mom to celebrate achievements and new beginnings
- My treadmill desk, which enabled me to get at least SOME exercise during one of the busiest weeks I’ve had in three years.
What are you grateful for this week?
Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Authors, Childhood, Children's Books, Family, Florence, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Movies, Parenting, Picture Books, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, Author, Family, Florence, Friendship, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Movies, Picture Books, Travel, Writer's Renaissance