It would be an understatement to say it’s been quite the week – in a great way! Read on to find out why.
Quotes on Gratitude
“When it’s over, I want to say: all my life I was a bride married to amazement.” — Mae West
“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.” — John Wooden
“Gratitude is something of which none of us can give too much. For on the smiles, the thanks we give, our little gestures of appreciation, our neighbors build up their philosophy of life.” — A.J. Cronin
Gratitude list for the week ending February 2
- I was invited to speak on a panel at the O’Reilly Tools of Change for Publishing conference in Bologna in conjunction with the Bologna Book Fair. Last year I went to the conference not knowing a single soul and with a just-drafted proposal for an app that I was seeking input on. I’ll be back as a speaker and with that very app published in the iTunes store! Feelings of accomplishment like this do help carry the days when those rejections and disappointments come in.
- This week, 12 x 12 topped 400 members! The program is now officially larger than it was last year.
- We had an amazing featured author post from author Kathleen Pelley. Anyone who reads aloud to children should read AND listen to the post.
- I got to see a prototype of A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS! I cannot express how rewarding it was to see it all come together, and I can’t wait for its pending release (date WILL be announced soon)!
- There is a strong possibility I’ll be getting another one of my books (outside of the app series) published in a combination of new and traditional methods. More on this soon, but the early indicators are promising.
- Jay ate his entire dinner three nights this week. This might seem small in the midst of bigger news, but when you get a notoriously picky eater wolfing down his meal three times in one week, that is worth celebrating!
- Reading Prince Caspian to my kids.
- Having a wonderful heart to heart with my daughter over dinner one night, when she told me she admires me because I don’t give up on my dreams. If that is my single accomplishment in life, it’s enough.
- Jay’s triple-chocolate malt ball-covered birthday cake!
- An unexpected chance to chat with a friend in London.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, 12 x 12 Featured Author, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Authors, Birthdays, Digital Publishing, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, 12 x 12 Featured Author, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Authors, Birthdays, Bologna Children's Book Fair, Children's Books, Digital Publishing, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Kathleen Pelley, Picture Books, Prince Caspian, Storybook Apps, ToC Bologna, Writing