HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! Since it is the Year of the Snake, I thought I would share another illustration from A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS, which *gasp* has been sent to Apple for approval and will be out any day now. If you want to buy it for a special below-retail price, sign up here to be a TROOPer and you’ll be notified the minute it hits the app store.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Ours is the responsibility to show our gratitude by the actions of our lives” — Thomas Monson
“Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have.” — Michael Bernhard
“No matter what happens in a day focus on gratitude.” — Karen Salmansohn
Gratitude list for the week ending February 9
- Well, I actually got to see and play with TROOP! I approved the test build this week. What a thrill to actually see my “baby” right there on my iPad and be able to experience it in all of its fullness. I can’t wait to share it with the world!
- Likewise, hearing my kids ooo and ahh over it was worth whatever pain and suffering might be associated with this crazy career called writing.
- The top-secret project I mentioned last week has been green-lighted! There will be much more coming, but for now it’s enough to say that I’ll be publishing another one of my books — not in the app series — most likely in 2014.
- I’m going to New York today! And I get to stay with Katie Davis!! And attend the O’Reilly Author (R)evolution Conference!
- One night, as I was sneaking out of Jay’s room he shouted, “Mom!” I fully expected him to ask me for water or a bedtime snack, but when I said, “What is it honey?” he said, “I love you.”
Only 5 on the list today because I have to go catch my flight. Have a great week everyone!Categories: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writing