Regular readers of this series know that my very first book, A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS, was released a week ago today. It seems that set the tone for what could only be described as a miraculous week. So much to report! 🙂
Quotes on Gratitude
“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” — Theodore Roosevelt
“Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” — Henry Ford
“I like working hard for what I earn. It gives me a sense of gratitude, and that’s the only way I can truly appreciate it.” — Sasha Azevedo
Gratitude list for the week ending February 23
- TROOP debuted in the iTunes store at #72 and reached as high as #59!! That is VERY difficult for an app with a new author that’s not tied to a major brand or franchise. THANK YOU to everyone who purchased it within the first few days of release. Those purchases and ratings helped keep TROOP within the Top 100 for FOUR days!
- Speaking of ratings, TROOPers (people who agreed to buy the app on or near release day) rallied to the cause. As of this writing, TROOP boasts 23 ratings and reviews – most of which are five stars. Again, THANK YOU!
- TROOP received excellent reviews from Digital Storytime, Publisher’s Weekly, InkRobin, Joanna Marple and more!
- Seeing the first photo of an actual child reading and playing with TROOP set my heart on fire!
- For a brief shining moment, TROOP was ahead of The Lorax app in the iTunes store. To be shoulder to shoulder with a childhood (and adulthood for that matter) hero was an out of body experience. My kids think I’m a celebrity now. Or at least they did for 5 minutes…
- In other news, the first annual Writer’s Renaissance retreat sold out this week. I spent an hour on the phone with contacts in Italy on Wednesday and I am getting SO excited to fulfill this dream. Woot!
- I’ve also made great progress on setting the details for yet another wild publishing ride which will culminate (hopefully) in the publication of a book that is near and dear to my heart. Watch this space!
- I was accepted as a speaker for the NJ-SCBWI annual conference in June. I’ll be teaching How to Write and Sell a Storybook App. I know they receive loads of submissions, so I consider it a huge honor to be selected.
- I have received another piece of INCREDIBLE news that I am not at liberty to share yet, even though it’s killing me. I hope to within the next few days so again… Watch this space!
- Popping multiple corks of celebratory champagne in ONE WEEK is a good place to be!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Digital Publishing, Gratitude Sunday, SCBWI, Storybook Apps, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Author, Digital Storytime, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Joanna Marple, Julie Hedlund, NJ-SCBWI, Publisher's Weekly, Speaking, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing