Another week. Another celebration.
Quotes on Gratitude
“If you have lived, take thankfully the past.” — John Dryden
“Gratitude is one of the sweet shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there’s always something we could be grateful for.” — Barry Neil Kaufman
“One regret dear world, that I am determined not to have when I am lying on my deathbed is that I did not kiss you enough.” — Hafiz of Persia
Gratitude list for the week ending March 2
- Well, there’s that “signing with an agent after four long, long years of trying” thing. Erzsi and I have had two wonderful meetings so far this week and I am bursting with excitement over all the possibilities. I don’t think I’ve ever been so motivated to get back to focusing on my writing!
- Speaking of writing, it was a wonderful feeling to work on app #2 in the TROOP series.
- 12 x 12 registration closed for the year with more than 475 members!
- Had great friends visit on the tail end of their skiing vacation. Our kids got along fabulously which gave us lots of time to catch up, drink some wine and eat lasagna!
- Had what was by far the best parent-teacher conference for Jay so far!
- PadGadget gave TROOP a review that had my convinced the review’s author (Emily) had been inside my head during the writing process. LOVED it!
- My dog has plenty of faults, but he is so gentle and loving with children. I appreciated this quality in him more than ever when we had two children visiting who at first were deathly afraid, but were giving him hugs at the end.
- I am honored to be one of 27 authors featured in Karen Robertson’s new book, What is a Book App and Could You Create One? (my mug shot is on the bottom left corner) Karen is so generous of her time and talent when it comes to promoting other authors’ work, and my son ADORES the Treasure Kai apps!
- Gorgeous bookmarks, postcards and business cards for TROOP arrived.
- Good snuggle time with Jay while Em was at a sleepover.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Agents, Apps, Authors, Children's Books, Digital Publishing, Dogs, ebooks, Entertaining, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, How I Got My Agent, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Agents, apps, Author, Children's Books, Digital Publishing, Dogs, ebooks, Entertaining, Erzsi Deak, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Hen & Ink, Julie Hedlund, Karen Robertson, Parenting, Storybook Apps, What is a Book App?, Writing