Now that I have been back in the country for a full week, I am recovered from jet lag and back into the swing of things. I do miss Italy (who wouldn’t?), but it’s good to be back home with the kiddos! I’m especially relieved that I didn’t miss Em singing a solo in her school choir concert. And it was ADELE – Skyfall. So proud of her!
PLUS, I have some conferences to prepare for!! The New Jersey SCBWI conference is right around the corner, and I am pleased to announce that I am also on the program for the national SCBWI conference in LA! I’ll be teaching a session on Authors as Entrepreneurs, and my good friend Sarah Towle and I will be teaching both a session on storybook apps AND a three-hour intensive on books apps. So exciting and such an honor! I hope I’ll see some of you there.
Quotes on Gratitude
“I would love to live as a river flows, carried by the surprise of its own unfolding.” — John O’Donahue
“Don’t search for heaven and hell in the future. Both are now present. Whenever we manage to love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in heaven. Whenever we fight, hate, we are in hell.” — Shams Tabrizi
“The very center of your heart is where life begins, the most beautiful place on earth.” — Rumi
Gratitude list for the week ending April 27
- As I said, Em ROCKED her Adele solo at the concert. I’m not sure I’ve ever been more excited for anyone in my life!!
- Em also read three of her poems that night for “Author’s Chair.” Here at least I get to take some of the credit. I can’t sing to save my life, but she probably takes after me with the writing. 🙂
- I’m also grateful that Em managed to break her toe AFTER the concert! And it’s far enough before summer break that she’ll be able to heal.
- I had a nice evening catching up with my mom after Writer’s Renaissance
- I’ve now seen several final illustrations from A SHIVER OF SHARKS!! It’s really happening!
- As I said in my intro, I’m still reeling over being on the conference program for SCBWI LA. It’s practically surreal and I am so grateful for the opportunity.
- Katie Davis made me an AWESOME video of testimonials from Writer’s Renaissance participants, which I got to share this week.
- Since the week began with a blizzard, I’m very happy to have spring weather finally.
- Love the green grass and white mountains. Stunning combination!
- My trainer has gotten me back on track with fitness post-Italy. I don’t regret a single pasta dish, glass of wine, or gelato, but whew! Makes it tough working it all off afterward. 🙂
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: A Shiver of Sharks, Apps, Digital Publishing, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writer's Renaissance, Writing