Well the big drama this week was my 10 year-old daughter having surgery on a broken toe. But I was glad to be able to help calm and comfort her.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.” — Richard Wilkins
“Gratitude is an opener of locked-up blessings.” — Marianne Williamson
“He who is not contented with what he has would not be contented with what he would like to have.” — Socrates
Gratitude list for the week ending May 4
- Em’s surgery on her broken toe went very well, so now she is on her way to healing!
- The fact that Em was couch-bound for a couple of days gave me a chance to catch up on some favorite movies with her, including The Princess Diaries 1 and 2 and Harry Potter 1 and 2.
- A snowy beginning of the week has given way yet again to spring.
- The melting snow has made the grass green. The contrast between the green down here and the mountains caked with snow in the distance is nothing short of breathtaking.
- I made a recipe I learned at the Writer’s Renaissance cooking class at Badia a Coltibuono — Fagioli all’ucelletto con salsiccia. Not only was it delicious but BOTH of my kids liked it. Now THAT is a miracle!
- Peace and quiet this weekend
- My mom’s generosity
- The ability to make a video testimonial to thank Katie Davis for all of the skills I have acquired by taking her Video Idiot Boot Camp course. I am truly grateful to be able to make videos as an additional creative outlet.
- To the folks who answered my plea to like my Facebook Author Page so I could get to 500 “Likes.” 🙂
- The iPhone app Viber, which allows free texts and calls internationally.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Cooking, Creativity, Florence, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Movies, Parenting, Recipes, Social Media, Video Idiot Boot Camp, Writer's Renaissance · Tags: Author, Cooking, Facebook, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Movies, Parenting, Quotes on Gratitude, Video Idiot Boot Camp, Writer's Renaissance