Happy Mother’s Day to those celebrating today! For me, two of the things I am most grateful for EVERY DAY are my children and my own mother. I got the jackpot of wonderfulness in both. Case in point: my kids brought me tea in bed this morning along with “Why my mom inspires me,” poems. Now, take a look at the tea tag on the cup. Pretty amazing, huh? So I think I’m set up to have the best Mother’s Day ever – especially since we’ll be going to brunch with my mom too!
Quotes on Gratitude
“Gratitude is the creative force, the mother and father of love. It is in gratitude that real love exists. Love expands only when gratitude is there.” — Sri Chinmoy
“Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promised land. She prepares a world she will not see.” — Pope Paul VI
“Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” — Robert Browning
Gratitude list for the week ending today, May 12 (Mother’s Day)
- For my own mother. Everything that has been possible in my life is because of her.
- For my kids. It is an honor to be their mother, watch them grow, and witness them becoming amazing individuals.
- Friday movie night with the kids. Pizza, popcorn and snuggles.
- My daughter wrote down all the reasons I inspire her, put it in a frame and gave it to me for Mother’s Day. A treasure.
- My son wrote me a five-star, framed review of A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS! 🙂
- The trailer for A SHIVER OF SHARKS went live on Friday. I’m in love. Little Bahalia did an outstanding job producing it.
- For spring weather, green grass, tulips and outdoor runs
- Meeting Cynthia Morris, one of my mentors and coaches, in person for lunch. She was a huge part of the reason I had the courage to launch the Writer’s Renaissance retreat, and I loved being able to thank her face to face.
- A productive work week. I’m starting to feel as if I might be able to dig myself back out of the hole I’ve been in since the middle of March!
- Having the privilege of announcing the first 12 x 12 member who found an agent through the challenge. Congratulations again to Pat Miller!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Agents, Apps, Authors, Digital Publishing, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, How I Got My Agent, Storybook Apps, Writer's Renaissance · Tags: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Cynthia Morris, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, How I Got My Agent, Mother's Day, Parenting, Pat Miller, Quotes on Gratitude, Storybook Apps, Writer's Renaissance