Here’s this week’s Gratitude Sunday, capping off a fantastic spring week!
Quotes on Gratitude
“Start a huge, foolish project, like Noah… it makes absolutely no difference what people think of you.” — Rumi
“Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.” — Michael Jackson
“Every heart that has beat strongly and cheerfully has left a hopeful impulse behind it in the world, and bettered the tradition of mankind.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
Gratitude List for the week ending May 19
- My lovely daughter knocked the role of Hermia in her class performance of A Midsummer Night’s Dream out of the PARK – even with a broken toe!
- Speaking of broken toes, the doctor said hers is healing well and she’ll be able to get the pins out in two weeks.
- I visited Jay’s class to present A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS. It was the first time I’ve shown the app to a large group of children, and it was so rewarding to see them bounce around to the song, jump up with eagerness to touch the animals and race themselves to the front to get their bookmarks!
- I finished my welcome video for my website! It’s been a work in progress ever since I agreed to be the poster-girl of vidiots for Katie Davis’ Video Idiot Boot Camp.
- Speaking of Katie Davis, Stacey Williams – who is my publisher at Little Bahalia – was on the Brain Burps About Books podcast talking about storybook apps, including TROOP and my upcoming A SHIVER OF SHARKS.
- Jay’s first grade teacher is retiring, and I was able to attend her retirement party and thank her for being such a fantastic teacher for both of my kids. I’m happy for her but sorry for all the younger kids who won’t get to have her for a teacher.
- Lovely evenings to do celebratory dinners outside with the kids.
- Fun happy hour with friends on Friday evening
- Waking up to the sound of birds chirping
- Giving myself time to write in my journal
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Brain Burps About Books, Digital Publishing, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Video Idiot Boot Camp · Tags: A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Author, Brain Burps About Books, Digital Publishing, e-publishing, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Little Bahalia Publishing, Podcast, Quotes on Gratitude, Stacey Williams, Storybook Apps, Video Idiot Boot Camp