Wow, I think it’s been a month since I’ve done a Gratitude Sunday post and I’ve missed them! It’s been because of travel and summer and the kids off of school. But I’m ready to get back in the saddle. 🙂 So this week’s list includes events from June and the first week of July. I hope YOU all are having a great summer so far.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.” — George Sand
“You are the universe, expressing itself as a human for a little while.” — Eckhart Tolle
“If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” — Roald Dahl
Gratitude list for all of June and the first week of July!
- I had a fantabulous time at the NJ-SCBWI conference hanging out with many of my 12 x 12 peeps and speaking about
- Katie Davis gave me 200 12 x 12 pins to hand out to members at conferences, etc. The BEST gift!
- Right after the conference, my second storybook app, A SHIVER OF SHARKS, was released — just in time for summer.
- Shortly thereafter, A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS was named a top 50 app for kids by The Guardian!
- My mother had a full knee replacement surgery, and not only is she recovering very well, but she can WALK again!
- A friend gave me a book and a Michigan hoodie for no reason other than he thought I would like them.
- I spent 5 days with just Jay up in the mountains riding horses, hiking, swimming and bonding. Mother-son time doesn’t seem to come as often as mother-daughter, and I was glad to have the time with him.
- Enjoyed a girl’s night out with some of my book club friends on a gorgeous evening.
- I am now in Northern Michigan enjoying the lake, my kids, my stepmother and the perfect summer weather.
- I get to look forward to another great vacation with the kiddos in Northern California in late July AND the SCBWI summer conference in LA.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, Apps, Authors, Books, Digital Publishing, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, SCBWI, Storybook Apps, Travel