Happy Pandemonium Day everyone! To celebrate, I’m sharing a short demo of the “Pandemonium of Parrots” screen from A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS. That way, even if you don’t have an iPad, you can enjoy the parrots taking flight. 🙂 Then read on for this week’s gratitude quotes and list.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso
“Always be a little kinder than necessary.” — J.M. Barrie
“You gotta look for the good in the bad, happy in your sad, the gain in your pain, and what makes you grateful not hateful.” — Karen Salmonsohn
Gratitude list for the week ending July 13
- I’m especially grateful for my stepmother Nancy this week. She hosted me for a week at Opal Lake in MI and my kids for 10 days. It’s not easy to deal with young kids day in and day out for that long, but she did it with aplomb.
- Likewise, I had a luxurious, long visit with my best friend from high school, sitting on the dock by the lake. A much-needed catch-up and quite cathartic.
- Loons calling on the lake.
- The mother duck who walked her babies across the dock in one direction in the morning, and the other direction in the evening. You could set your watch by her!
- Doing cannonballs off the dock with the kids
- Visiting the indie bookstore in my hometown – Saturn Books
- Enjoying a chocolate malt at Don’s Drive In in Traverse City. Best chocolate malts ANYWHERE!
- Finishing He’s Gone, by Deb Caletti. Great summer read!
- Fresh popped, homemade popcorn
- Feeling motivated to work again since I’ve been home (have been suffering from “summer fever” lately)
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Books, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Parenting, Storybook Apps, Summer, Travel · Tags: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Book Apps, Books, Family, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Pandemonium Day, Parenting, Parrots, Quotes on Gratitude, Saturn Books, Storybook Apps, Traveling