This week I had the privilege of visiting my favorite city in the United States with my kids. It was their first of what I hope will be many trips to San Francisco.
Quotes on Gratitude
“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.” – Albert Einstein
“Rise free from care before the dawn and seek adventure. Let the noon find you by other lakes, and the night overtake thee everywhere at home. There are no larger fields than these, no worthier games than may here be played.” — Henry David Thoreau
“I think it pisses God off when you walk by the color purple in a field and don’t notice it.” – Shug, The Color Purple
“When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bay… oh I want to be there in my city. Oh, oh ohohoh!” — Journey
Gratitude list for the week ending July 17
- Gorgeous “summer” weather in San Francisco. Upper sixties, only enough fog to make it beautiful, and sunny blue skies!
- We biked from Fisherman’s Wharf, ACROSS THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE, into Sausolito, ferried back and then biked
from Pier 1 along Embarcadero back to Fisherman’s Wharf. BLAST!
- We biked across the Golden Gate Bridge, et. al. and I managed to keep my children alive!
- Taking the “Duck” tour of the city and the kids getting a chance to “drive” the “boat.”
- Eating at Kuleto’s on Powell St. Was completely under-appreciated by the kids, but I was happy. 🙂
- Dim Sum for lunch in SoMo.
- Tea tasting and souvenir scavenging in Chinatown
- CITY LIGHTS BOOKSTORE!
- Clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl
- Driving down Lombard Street.
And so much more!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Family, Gratitude Sunday, Travel · Tags: Author, Family, Gratitude, Julie Hedlund, Quotes on Gratitude, San Francisco, Travel