First full week of summer Gratitude Sunday.
Quotes on Gratitude:
“Reflect each day on all you have to be grateful for and you will receive more to be grateful for.” — Chuck Danes
“Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” — Margaret Cousins
“For each new morning with its light, For rest and shelter of the night, For health and food, for love and friends, For everything Thy goodness sends.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gratitude List for the week ending June 6
This, the first week of the kids’ summer vacation, I focused on letting the days unfold without excessive planning or expectation. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it feels to eschew schedules and just go with the flow. Most of this week’s list is comprised of serendipitous events that arose as a result of slowing down. All in all, a good first week of summer.
- Getting the garden planted. My mouth is already watering for spring peas, beans and spinach, and of course tomatoes.
- Having an impromptu and excellent al fresco dinner out with Phil
- Meeting new neighbors, and in the process, scoring a huge pile of free firewood
- Discovering a sprinkler at the playground next to the dog park – now I can exercise the kids and the dog at the same time!
- Building sand castles
- A night to myself – Phil’s out of town and Mom took the kids
- Taking the kids to the movie – Shrek 4
- Em reading! She’s read 3 1/2 chapter books this week alone for the summer reading program.
- Our first trip to the brand new pool at the YMCA. Finally, we belong to a gym with a pool.
- Seeing the cutest puppies ever at the Humane Society’s Petmobile during the Taste of Louisville festival.
What are you grateful for this week?Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Family, Gratitude Sunday