It’s been another crazy week over here in Julie-land. I embarked upon one of the most exhilarating and terrifying journeys I’ve ever taken. I announced that I am attempting to crowdfund my next picture book via Kickstarter. This particular book is so close to my heart, and I underestimated the emotional impact of going “live” with the announcement. Nonetheless, I am so grateful to have a fantastic team, not behind me, but WITH me. This includes not only those directly involved, but also my “Crowdfunding Crew,” my “Mastermind group,” and all of the people who left comments of support and encouragement on my blog this week. THANK YOU!
Quotes on Gratitude
“I have never interviewed a single person who talks about the capacity to really experience and soften into joy who does not practice gratitude.” Brene’ Brown
“Unselfish and noble actions are the most radiant pages in the biography of souls.” — David Thomas
“Creativity is contagious, pass it on.” — Albert Einstein
Gratitude list for the week ending October 26
- Everyone who shared the news about my crowdfunding project and/or left encouraging comments. Every share, every comment, every “You Go Girl!” makes a HUGE difference in my outlook.
- Fantastic Girl’s Night out with the book group gals
- Having the honor of guest blogging, TODAY, for Tara Lazar in preparation for Picture Book Idea Month (PiBoIdMo)
- Spending the weekend in Breckenridge with my critique group for a writing retreat where all we do is… write.
- Having one of the best meals (and cocktails) I’ve ever consumed on Friday night as we began the retreat.
- The spectacular, invigorating mountain air, which seems to feed my creativity (and my soul).
- Lita, for sharing her most lovingly created and decorated vacation home with us. I could not imagine a better place to write or better company with whom to write.
- Both A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS and A SHIVER OF SHARKS were nominated for Cybils awards in the book app category!
- A great meeting with Jon Bard at Children’s Book Insider, on his porch on a gorgeous fall day in Fort Collins, CO
- My mom’s flank steak, which fed me three times during a very busy week
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Creativity, Crowdfunding, Digital Publishing, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Travel, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: A Shiver of Sharks, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Author, Breckenridge, Creativity, Crowdfunding, Digital Publishing, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Publishing, Quotes on Gratitude, Storybook Apps, Travel, Works in Progress, Writing, Writing Retreats