*12 x 12 members: please come back on the 6th for the featured author post. I gave a week extension because of the holiday, but I promise you won’t be disappointed! 🙂
On this Thanksgiving week, I once again look in wonder upon the multitude of blessings in my life. So much so that I took pause earlier this week to reflect upon what the “giving” part of the holiday means and how I can do more.
Usually in these posts, I focus on the small things I’m grateful for, because they are often overlooked. This week I’ve interspersed some of the big things too.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Rest and be thankful.” — William Wadsworth Longfellow
“We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” — Harry A. Ironside
“Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.” — John Henry Jowett
Gratitude list for the week ending November 30th
- The health and happiness of my two children. Nothing matters more.
- The ability to host family members for a Thanksgiving dinner, abundant with food and warmth and love (and a fire!)
- My home. Even when things go “wrong” as they did this week, I know how fortunate we are to have one.
- My dog. Despite the fact that he runs off through the neighborhood and drives me crazy. He also flops all 85 pounds of himself on my lap and then looks up at me with pleading eyes so I’ll scratch his chin.
- Being able to do what I love to do for a living
- Seeing Susan Eaddy’s final sketch for the horses illustration for MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN
- My college-age cousin peeled the potatoes for me on Thanksgiving. I DESPISE peeling potatoes! The fact that I didn’t have to do it was one of the best parts of Thanksgiving – seriously! 🙂
- Seeing Catching Fire with my mom. SO. GOOD. !!!
- My kids helped clean and decorate the house this week without even being asked. And all was harmonious the whole time.
- Michigan played well against Ohio State, even if it was a heartbreaking final 30 seconds.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Autumn, College Football, Crowdfunding, Dogs, Entertaining, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, I Need Wine Pronto!, Movies, Picture Books, Thanksgiving, Volunteer/Community · Tags: Author, Catching Fire, College Football, Cooking, Crowdfunding, Dogs, Entertaining, Family, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Illustration, Julie Hedlund, Kickstarter, Michigan Football, Michigan-Ohio State Rivalry, Movies, My Love for You is the Sun, Quotes on Gratitude, Rocky, Susan Eaddy, Thanksgiving