Well, let’s just jump right in, shall we?
Quotes on Gratitude
“One way to open your eyes to unnoticed beauty is to ask yourself, ‘What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?'” — Rachel Carson
“I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it–I believe life loves the liver of it.” –Maya Angelou
“Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly… lead the way!” -Steve Maraboli
Gratitude list for the week ending January 18
- Two weeks into registration for the 12 x 12 picture book writing challenge and we have more than 400 members already. The forum is abuzz with activity and picture book passion!
- Kelli Panique, the world’s most amazing assistant, without whom I would not have survived the past two weeks. She’s worked so hard and so long and solved problems I didn’t even see coming.
- A SHIVER OF SHARKS won a 2013 Digital Book Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- My little girl turned 11 and got her ears pierced. Watching her grow up is a little bittersweet, but it’s such a joy and privilege to be her mom.
- First time skiing this season, on a perfect Colorado Bluebird day. Sometimes, what the heart and soul really needs a full day outdoors.
- Watching How to Train Your Dragon with the kids.
- Getting TWO picture books revised this week. Thanks to Meg Miller and all the folks who kept the fires burning for ReViMo!!
- I’ve started reading the first Harry Potter book to Jay. And so the journey begins again…
- Watching the Golden Globes – guilty pleasure.
- Friends who forgive you for being self-absorbed
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, Apps, Birthdays, Children's Books, Digital Publishing, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Winter, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, A Shiver of Sharks, apps, Author, Digital Book Awards, Family, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Harry Potter, Julie Hedlund, Picture Books, Quotes on Gratitude, Skiing, Writing