By the time you read this post, I will be at Rancho la Puerta, probably hiking or practicing yoga. For that, I am truly, truly grateful. Per my post about the need to take time for oneself, this week’s quotes are not so much on gratitude, but on the beauty of solitude.
Quotes on Gratitude (this week: solitude):
“The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone—that is the secret of invention: be alone, that is when ideas are born.” — Nikola Tesla
“You need not leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. You need not even listen, simply wait, just learn to become quiet, and still, and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked. It has no choice; it will roll in ecstasy at your feet.” — Franz Kafka
“Solitude gives birth to the original in us, to beauty unfamiliar and perilous — to poetry.” — Thomas Mann
Gratitude List for the week ending June 13
VERY busy and hectic week, but much to be thankful for.
- Rancho la Puerta and my friend Jane to go along with it
- The gorgeous flowers I got for my front entrance
- My friend Amy taking Jay for the afternoon on Thursday so I could prepare to host the Margareaders.
- Successful Margareaders meeting in my own back yard (literally)
- My mom’s babysitting assistance this week
- The fact that Phil landed safely after jumping off a 500 ft. high building in New Zealand (will hopefully be able to post a video of this soon)
- Em doing her first camp out as part of a summer camp
- Jay’s adorable music camp – Camp Oonie Koonie Cha
- Besides the tomato plants, we now have beans, peas, cucumbers and spinach coming up in the garden.
- The library’s summer reading program