Quotes on Gratitude
“If we had no winter, spring would not be so pleasant. If we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.” — Anne Bradstreet
“What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” — John Steinbeck
“Winter is the time for stories, staying fast by the glow of fire. And outside, in the darkness, the stars are brighter than you can possibly imagine.” — Isabel Greenberg
Gratitude list for the week ending February 1
- I revised a picture book manuscript I only first drafted a month ago. It seems I’ve got my writing mojo back.
- Homemade chicken noodle soup on cold winter nights
- A crackling fire to work and read by
- Reading Harry Potter #1 to Jay. Starting the story anew with fresh eyes, ears and heart.
- The generosity of support from folks after I posted ideas about how they could help in the aftermath of Rocky’s shooting.
- January came to an end! I’m always glad to see the back side of January, but this year in particular? Whew!
- Loving all of the activity and support happening through 12 x 12 already. The Forum and the Facebook group are both on fire!
- I leave for Florence, and Writer’s Renaissance, TWO MONTHS from today!
- Rocky is recovering so well, he’s practically 100% back to himself.
- Going outside to trudge in the snow several times a day. I have to, to take Rocky out. But it’s a great reminder of how beautiful and silent the world is in winter.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12, Children's Books, Creativity, Dogs, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Picture Books, Winter, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, Creativity, Dogs, Family, Florence, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Harry Potter, Italy, Picture Books, Quotes on Gratitude, Rocky, Winter, Writer's Renaissance, Writing