The week began with a freeze and ended with a thaw. Both appreciated.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Does not the gratitude of the dog put to shame any man who is ungrateful to his benefactors?” — Saint Basil
“It’s a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.” — Roberto Bernigni
“Of all the characteristics needed for both a happy and morally decent life, none surpasses gratitude. Grateful people are happier, and grateful people are more morally decent.” — Dennis Prager
Gratitude list for the week ending February 15
- Being awakened to a frozen, fairytale world on Monday morning
- Taking the time to snap photos and enjoy the beauty
- Em did a fantastic job on her American Revolution school project
- Walking Rocky in the field – at last off exercise restriction!
- Being treated to homemade lasagna and chocolate lava cake
- Making homemade pot roast
- Reading the perfect book at the perfect time
- Friends who take kids on ski excursions and playdates when you need to work
- A gift of a half-dozen bottles of Italian wine
- Having good friends and their kids for a Valentine visit. Food, fun, and laughter were shared by all.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Books, Cooking, Dogs, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Winter, Writing · Tags: Author, Books, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Rocky, Winter