Quotes on Gratitude
“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” — Thornton Wilder
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” — Albert Einstein
“Can you see the holiness in those things you take for granted–a paved road or a washing machine? If you concentrate on finding what is good in every situation, you will discover that your life will suddenly be filled with gratitude, a feeling that nurtures the soul.” — Rabbi Harold Kushner
Gratitude List for the week ending June 26
- A lifeguard named Mitch, who saw Jay fall off the child platform during swimming lessons and jumped in to pull him out of the water. I could use this one as the whole list really. I’ve been thanking him in my head every hour of every day this week.
- A great run with Rocky yesterday morning
- Finishing one good book and starting another
- Glacier ice cream
- Afternoon snoozes after mornings at the pool
- Fun with friends Friday – the kids played, we went to lunch and then saw Toy Story 3. The moms got to talk for more than five minutes without interruption.
- Playing in the pool with friends
- Mom’s flank steak dinner
- Scoring tickets to a live event with Eckhart Tolle
- Last night, Jay fell asleep, all in his own, immediately.
What are you grateful for this week?Gratitude Sunday, Movies, Summer · Tags: Eckhart Tolle, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, ice cream, Lifeguards, Movies, Pool, Summer