It’s easy to be grateful when you’re on vacation. Especially when everything is going smoothly and everyone is having fun. We’ve had great visits with family and friends, stomach-dropping rides at Cedar Point, a glimpse of the remodeled Big House in Ann Arbor, and fantastic weather for lounging and playing on Opal Lake. Hopefully Phil and the kids will catch a fish soon and then the visit will be complete.
Quotes on Gratitude
“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it” — Confucious
“I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” — Arthur Rubinstein
Gratitude List for the week ending July 10
- Catching up with extended family both at home before we left, at the reunion in Cleveland and here on the lake.
- Cheesy, but fun dinner at a Japanese steakhouse in Cedar Point
- Em’s bravery on the rides – particularly the Magnum, which is my favorite roller coaster. I still can’t believe she rode it once, much less two times.
- Browsing through the Dawn Treader Book Shop in Ann Arbor – one of the best used/antiquarian bookstores in the world!
- Picking up goodies at Zingerman’s Deli before heading up North. Their Brillat-Savarin was the best cheese I’ve eaten outside of Europe.
- Getting to Grandma Nancy’s house and settling in. Good food, good wine, good conversation, good fun!
- A long visit with an old friend – always a treat
- Tuscan-like clouds in a bright blue sky over the emerald lake.
- Dining alfresco on the deck
- Water – water everywhere. Especially floating on it in a lounger.
What are you grateful for this week?Gratitude Sunday, Summer, Travel · Tags: Family, Gratitude Sunday, Summer, Travel