This week, it really is the simple stuff I’m thankful for. We’ve had a fantastic summer, and I think I met my objective of focusing on the kids and providing lots of traditional summer fun. Now I’m looking forward to the routine of the school year and having more time to write. To every season turn, turn…
Quotes on Gratitude
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don’t unravel.” — Author Unknown
“Gratitude is a two-fold love – love coming to visit us, and love running out to greet a welcome guest” — Henry Van Dyke
Gratitude List for the week ending August 21
- The kids went back to school (cue the *It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year* ad that comes on around this time).
- Em got a great teacher.
- My sister-in-law sent us two boxes of great hand-me-down clothes.
- I got a haircut for the first time since May.
- Pizza made with homemade sauce with garden tomatoes.
- Sipping red wine with a friend on the patio while the kids played and actually let us have a conversation.
- Grilled fish tacos with homemade salsa for dinner.
- Spending a whole day at home with family and doing nothing in particular.
- Crickets chirping at night.
- An hour on the phone with a long-distance friend.
What are you grateful for this week?Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Back to School, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday