You’ll have to forgive me for what might seem like a warped order to this week’s gratitude list, but we all must have our weaknesses/quirks. Michigan football is one of mine. You may be hearing about it a few times this fall. 🙂
Quotes on Gratitude
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.” – Wayne Dyer
“Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.” — Lao Tzu
Gratitude List for the week ending September 11
- MICHIGAN BEATS NOTRE DAME 28-24. It was a glory game – down to the last 3 seconds. This picture was taken in Ann Arbor before the Michigan-Notre Dame game in 2007. Michigan won 38-0. This was the last picture taken of my dad. He passed away two weeks later. So, winning this game means even more nowadays… (*ETA – the other guy in the picture is my brother Jeff. In case you couldn’t see the family resemblance).
- Two words: Denard Robinson. Longest run in Notre Dame stadium history:
- All of the firefighters, pilots, emergency crews and volunteers battling the fire in Fourmile Canyon this week. The fire is now 70% contained.
- Canned tomatoes put up for the winter. These will taste good in February!
- Stunning September weather
- Em and I recovered from our nasty viruses.
- Reading Harry Potter to Em
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – Yum!
- Homemade chicken noodle soup when you’re sick
- Rain on a day we really needed it to help contain the fire, followed by a double rainbow in Boulder.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: College Football, Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Michigan Football, Michigan-Notre Dame Rivalry, tomatoes