Thank goodness it’s just a regular episode of Gratitude Sunday. No extraordinary stories to tell which, after last week, is perfectly fine.
Quotes on Gratitude
“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
“If only people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying. Would you sell both your eyes for a million dollars… or your two legs… or your hands… or your hearing? Add up what you do have, and you’ll find that you won’t sell them for all the gold in the world. The best things in life are yours, if you can appreciate yourself.” — Dale Carnegie
“Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, and to work, and to play and to look up at the stars.” — Henry Van Dyke
Gratitude List for the week ending October 9
- Did I mention how grateful I am to have my dog back? Yeah, I still feel relief every moment. Especially since I tortured myself all day yesterday with what was going on a week ago on that day.
- Crisp mornings, slippers, sweatshirts and curling my hands around a hot cup of tea (please remind me to continue to be grateful for this in April…)
- Fall color comes to Boulder.
- A great parent-teacher conference. Em is rocking second grade!
- The fact that Phil was in town to help Em do homework that involved building a 19th century building with wood.
- Getting lots of exercise this week.
- Volunteering at the book fair at Em’s school – being surrounded by children’s books was a huge inspiration.
- Making my favorite black bean soup recipe for the first time this fall
- Coffee date with a good friend
- Purchasing our Colorado ski pass and reports of the first snow in the mountains!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Quotes on Gratitude, Rocky