Another week, another Gratitude Sunday…
Quotes on Gratitude
“Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise–then you will discover the fullness of your life.” — Brother David Steindl-Rast
“Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love, and to work, and to play and to look up at the stars.” — Henry Van Dyke
“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” — John Ruskin
Gratitude List for the week ending October 16
Losing my iPhone on a hike, but then finding it again when I took the hike the second day.
- Thus, getting to hike on two gorgeous fall days in Boulder
- Joining the Margareaders for another great meeting after missing last month.
- Homemade tomato, white bean, sausage and spinach soup made with garden tomatoes
- Homemade chicken noodle soup (I’m on a soup kick) made with garden carrots
- Phil’s parents arrived safely for a nice long visit.
- Em, though sick, got to take a nap with her grandmother in a patch of sun by the back patio.
- Helping out as Em’s school’s liaison to the The Lunch Box, an organization I am very passionate about
- Lots of great comments on the blog this week – thanks to you all!
- Re-reading the Harry Potter series. I’d forgotten how delightful the beginning two are – it’s been years since I read them.