This week’s Gratitude Sunday closes out the most spectacular week of fall weather that I can remember here in Boulder (not that we suffer from much bad weather, mind you). Therefore, Fall is the focus of this week’s post.
Quotes on Gratitude (for Autumn)
“Autumn is a second spring when every leaf’s a flower.” — Albert Camus
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.” — John Muir
“No Spring nor Summer Beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one Autumnal face.” — John Donne
Gratitude list for the week ending October 23
- The best autumnal weather I’ve experienced in Boulder. Blue sky, warm days, cool nights, full moon, the smell of leaves everywhere.
- Fall food – soup, spaghetti, chili, pot roast
- Stunning hike with Rocky in Chautauqua Park.
- Phil’s parents gave a presentation to Em’s class about living in India. The kids are about to start studying India in social studies.
- Festive dinner with Phil’s parents, my mom and the kids.
- Three generations watching The Princess Bride last night
- A very productive writing week
- Snuggling in bed with Jay on a rainy morning.
- Hot bath season is here. My favorite way to end a day.
- Michigan had a bye week, so I didn’t have to suffer through another game like they had the past two weeks against Michigan State and Iowa. A reprieve.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Autumn, Family, Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Autumn, Chautauqua Park, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Hiking, Michigan Football, The Princess Bride