Happy Halloween ye beasties! It’s been a frightful week here at the Hedlund household, what with ballet, basketball, Brownies, Halloween parties and anniversaries. I’ll be glad to settle into Thanksgiving mode. In the meantime, here’s this week’s Gratitude Sunday.
Quotes on Gratitude
“To speak gratitude is courteous and pleasant, to enact gratitude is generous and noble, but to live gratitude is to touch Heaven.” — Johannes A. Gaertner
“Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” — Edwin Arlington Robinson
“Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” — Buddha
Gratitude list for the week ending October 30
- Em’s first basketball practice. She’s the only girl on a team of nine. At first she was nervous, but she had a great time and played really well.
- My mom took the kids overnight yesterday so Phil and I could go out for our anniversary
- Celebrating 11 years of marriage!
- An outstanding dinner at John’s Restaurant. The last time we went there, five years ago, I told Phil I was pregnant with Jay. We got seated at the very same table.
- Specifically, the mixed Hazel Dell mushrooms sautéed in a cream and goat cheese sauce.
Superman showing Daddy the volcano book he made
- The stunning fall weather continues. Last year winter started the first week of October, so I am especially grateful to have a long fall this year.
- Reading THE BFG to the kids
- Fresh baked pumpkin seeds
- The Rally to Restore Sanity (and/or Fear)
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Autumn, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, Holidays · Tags: Anniversary, Autumn, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, Hazel Dell Mushrooms, Pumpkins, Rally to Restore Sanity