This week made it easy for me to write my Gratitude Sunday post since it was so fabulous.
Quotes on Gratitude
“People who live the most fulfilling lives are the ones who are always rejoicing at what they have.” — Richard Carlson
“So often we dwell on the things that seem impossible rather than on the things that are possible. So often we are depressed by what remains to be done and forget to be thankful for all that has been done.” — Marion Wright Edelman
“But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life; and thanks to a benevolent arrangement of things, the greater part of life is sunshine.” — Thomas Jefferson
Gratitude List for the week ending November 6
- Farewell dinner with a friend who is moving to Portland
- Watching the kids play and enjoy their basketball games
- Michigan managed to (barely) win their football game
- Finding an untouched apple tree in an open space field not far from our house. Pie or cobbler anyone??
- The writing community. I officially thanked my critique partners on Tuesday, but I’m continually amazed by how generous and supportive my fellow writers are. Especially as evidenced by all the comments on my earlier post about being temporarily stumped by PiBoIdMo.
- I know I’ve said it and said it and said it, but I’ll say it again: I cannot believe the outstanding weather we have had this fall, which continues.
- Sitting outside in an open-air restaurant with the kids yesterday, watching the game and them finding “secret passageways.”
- Taking Em to see the movie Secretariat.
- Walking in the open space fields with Rocky, enjoying sweeping views of the Front Range and cows grazing in their nearby pasture.
- A beautiful hike with a friend (and Rocky) on a stunning trail I had never hiked before.
What are you grateful for this week?
Categories: Autumn, College Football, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, PiBoIdMo, Writing · Tags: Autumn, Friends, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Michigan Football, Movies