Quotes on Gratitude for Thanksgiving
A Few Serious…
“The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” — H.U. Westermayer
“Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” — Edward Sandford Martin
“Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year – and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.” — Ray Stannard Baker (David Grayson)
“>A Few Humorous…
“I love Thanksgiving turkey. It’s the only time in Los Angeles that you see natural breasts.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
“What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?” — Erma Bombeck
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
— Author Unknown
Gratitude list for the week ending November 20
- Rocky’s 2nd birthday. That dog sure landed on all four paws didn’t he?
- Walking in a field with Rocky at dusk, under a full moon
- Cozy fleece pajamas
- My friend Karen, for driving Em to and from a Girl Scout event yesterday
- Em and Jay’s excellent basketball coaches
- Being the “mystery reader” in Em’s class this week
- Experiencing the magic of having kids asking me so many questions about my own story, which I read aloud to them – intoxicating and inspiring!
- Listening to Em read her own story during her class Writer’s celebration
- Em watching and loving the first Harry Potter movie (we’ve read the book of course)
- Kids rolling out their sleeping bags to sleep in front of the fire last night
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Dogs, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Thanksgiving · Tags: Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Harry Potter, Rocky, Thanksgiving