I know it’s a day late, but I was in Big Sur all weekend for a children’s writing workshop, hosted by the Andrea Brown Literary Agency, and there was no Internet access (unless you were one of the lucky few with an iPad with 3G). I will be writing much more about the workshop in the coming week or so, but for now, let me just express my overwhelming gratitude for everyone at ABLit for making those workshops happen. I attended Big Sur in the Rockies last May, and it was so invaluable I decided I couldn’t wait another year to go again. I am at the stage where I feel myself getting traction, moving in the right direction but also needing some nudging to take my writing to the next level. The faculty at Big Sur includes not only AB agents, but also editors and authors. I am still starstruck over getting two critique group sessions with Marla Frazee!!!
BUT, now I find myself writing about the conference rather than gratitude. So thank you to the folks at ABLit and all of the amazing Big Sur faculty. I so appreciate them taking the time to not just assist writers, but to nourish them. I came away from the weekend exhausted, but inspired, excited and invigorated – not feelings commonly associated with writing, where the plague of self-doubt and frustration often take center stage. Once again, THANK YOU!
No quotes this week, just the rest of my list and a few photos:
- Driving Highway 1 through Big Sur – there are no words for its beauty
- The flourless chocolate almond cake I had in Capitola on the way home
- Meeting so many amazing writers – I hope you all keep in touch!
- The chance to submit a manuscript in a few months
- The Big Sur River
- The giant Redwoods – I’d forgotten trees could get so big!
- Falling asleep at night with the duel sounds of rain on the roof and a crackling cedar fire
- The smell of the ocean, the bracing wind, the clifftop views
- A carpet of leaves fallen on the grass under a tree
- Honestly, just to be able to live in such a beautiful world. I really mean that.
What are you grateful for this week?Agents, Authors, Children's Books, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Writing · Tags: Agents, Andrea Brown Literary Agency, Big Sur, Big Sur Children's Writing Workshop, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Marla Frazee