Gratitude Sunday has been on hiatus for a while, thanks to a deadly January. I knew I was missing it, but I didn’t realize how much until I sat down to write it this morning. So I’m grateful to have Gratitude Sunday back! Our past few weekends have been defined by skiing and frolicking up at Keystone. Talk about lucky! In my youth, growing up in Michigan, I skied every weekend. After living in the D.C. area for so long and then having babies and toddlers in tow, I wondered if that lifestyle would ever be a reality again. With the kids 8 and 5 and loving skiing, it now seems like it might finally work as a regular weekend family activity. Yay!
Quotes on Gratitude
“A person however learned and qualified in his life’s work in whom gratitude is absent, is devoid of that beauty of character which makes personality fragrant.” — Hazrat Inayat Khan
“Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can – there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.” — Sarah Caldwell
“Gratitude… goes beyond the “mine” and “thine” and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift. In the past I always thought of gratitude as a spontaneous response to the awareness of gifts received, but now I realize that gratitude can also be lived as a discipline. The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy.” — Henri J. M. Nouwen
Gratitude list for the week ending February 5
- Another fabulous weekend at Keystone, complete with 2 feet of fresh powder for skiing!
- The friends who are sharing their Keystone condo with us for the season. It has been such a blessing to share skiing and winter adventures with the kids.
- Riding a real chairlift and skiing down actual mountain slopes as a whole family (5 year-old finally off the bunny hill).
- Watching Rocky run in the snowy field outside the condo. Such unadulterated joy you have never seen in a dog!
- My SCBWI mentor, Linda Arms White, who in offering some final feedback on one of my WIPs, has enabled me to declare it FINISHED. I begin the query/submission process this week.
- A full day of uninterrupted writing at Keystone, which led to the finishing of said WIP.
- Frito Pie for dinner after a long, cold day of skiing.
- My Padraig Cottage slippers. How cold my feet would be without them
- My kids playing endless Kung Fu pretend games after watching Kung Fu Panda
- Fresh oranges and grapefruit, sent directly to us from Florida. Nothing like grapefruit juice dripping down your chin in the morning.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Dogs, Gratitude Sunday, Travel, Winter, Writing · Tags: Dogs, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Keystone, Quotes on Gratitude, Rocky, Skiing, Travel, Winter