You know, I am so swamped with getting the house ready for sale, volunteer stuff at my daughter’s school, etc., etc. etc. that I considered not doing a Gratitude Sunday post this week. But you guys have really upped the ante with your lovely comments on last week’s, and for some reason, I’ve had more people tell me this week that they look forward to this series than I ever have. So, here is this week’s post, and I’m grateful to those of you who not only find inspiration in it, but take the time to tell me…
Quotes on Gratitude
In preparation for our trip to Italy, I’m reading any and all books I can find with an Italian theme. My current book is La Bella Lingua by Dianne Hales. In the second chapter, she provides a brief history of the development of modern-day Italian from Latin and considers this poem, by non other than St. Francis of Assisi, to be a turning point in the development of la bella lingua. It seemed more than appropriate as a quote on gratitude for this series as well.
Be praised, My Lord, for Sister Moon and stars
in heaven you formed them–lovely, precious, clear.
Be praised, My Lord, for Brother Wind and air,
and every kind of weather, cloudy, and fair,
by which you give your creatures what they need.
Be praised, My Lord, be praised for Sister Water–
she is so useful, precious, chaste, and humble.
Gratitude List for the week ending April 16
- YOU! The readers of this blog. You keep me going with your comments, support, encouragement and friendship.
- Watching my cousin’s daughter (alas, my second cousin) ROCK the role of the Wicked Witch of the West in her high school production of the Wizard of Oz. My daughter was so inspired she made me promise to sign her up for a theater group next year.
- Meeting with Renegade Lunch Lady Ann Cooper about a plan to increase the number of school lunches eaten at my daughter’s elementary school. Read all about what Ann is doing here. We are fortunate to have her revamping the school lunch program in Boulder Valley School District.
- Getting carpets cleaned – they look brand new!
- The fact that my mom let us spend the night at her house so they could dry properly before we inflicted ourselves back on them.
- A great Margareaders meeting!!
- Hiking with Rocky
- We’re getting a tax refund! First time that’s happened in a long time.
- Beginning one day with three inches of snow on the ground and ending it with sunshine and 60 degrees.
- The trees are beginning to turn green – little baby leaves.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Book Club, Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Ann Cooper, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Hiking, Italy, Margareaders, Rocky, Spring