Here in the States it is Mother’s Day, and I’ve had a great one! Got homemade goodies from the kiddos, ran a 10K, ate a delicious brunch at home (with champagne), took a two-hour nap! and now Phil is cooking dinner. It just might be the best one yet.
But we couldn’t be moms without our kids, so today’s Gratitude Sunday is dedicated to them. My list this week includes 5 things I am most grateful for about each of them. Very tough to narrow it down! I just feel so blessed to be their mother.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Being a… mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.” ~Mildred B. Vermont
“Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” — Author Unknown
“It kills you to see them grow up. But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn’t.” — Barbara Kingsolver
Gratitude List for my kids
- She is wholly and completely kind and compassionate. She could never be mean on purpose.
- She has so many ways of expressing herself — in her art, her writing, her dancing. All are beautiful.
- She is exceedingly artistic, which comes from a deep inner place inside her.
- She is verbally very affectionate, and always quick to say how much she loves you.
- She takes such good care of her brother. She is loving, protective and supportive of him.
- He is blessed with an incredible sense of humor and comedic timing. You cannot complete
a day without laughing with him in the house.
- He is possessed of wicked logic and can build his case and negotiate like the best of lawyers.
- He is so physically affectionate. He’ll sleep in the crook of my arm or crawl on my lap to snuggle. As a toddler, he would often stop playing just to come rest his head on my lap for a moment.
- Unless something very specific has happened to upset him (like an injury), he is almost always happy and content. He’s just a happy-go-lucky kid.
- He loves his sister so much, he’ll do almost anything — play any game, dress up in the silliest of costumes — in order to keep her attention.
And of course, here I am with my own mother, without whom none of these children would be possible. Thanks Mom!
What are you grateful for this week?
Categories: Family, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays · Tags: Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Mother's Day