I have much to be grateful for this week. Indeed my heart is full as I head into my birthday week.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving; make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!” — Amanda Bradley
“And in the end it is not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Abraham Lincoln
“Whatever with the past has gone, the best is always yet to come.” — Lucy Larcom
Gratitude List for the week ending May 21
- My fantastic Margareaders friends surprised me at our book club meeting with a few gifts and a flourless chocolate cake – YUM! I am so blessed that this group has not just found common ground over books but have become true friends as well.
- Likewise, one of the most interesting book discussions we’ve had at a Margareaders meeting.
- An amazingly delicious dinner with Phil to celebrate my birthday a little early. He will not be here on the day of because he has a critical business meeting this week in Europe and has to fly out on Tuesday. Lucky for him we are going to Italy in three weeks, because this particular meeting is on a yacht in Monaco. 🙂
- The quality of the light was so stunning yesterday, the first day of sun after a week of rain. The whole world looked scrubbed. The mountains are piled high with snow while the grass is green and the lilacs are in bloom down here.
- Running outside
- My Italian lessons with Biagio. I finally realized I wouldn’t have time to learn as much Italian as I’d hoped, so he is teaching me the essentials and forcing me to practice with homework.
- We are packed for Italy! Amazing to have it done so soon, but I did not want to be worrying about what to bring at the last minute since we’re trying very hard to pack light. I am now dreaming of wearing those sundresses and sandals on the beach at sunset…
- I’ve had an unusual amount of time to read this week (of course, that is why I am way behind on reading/commenting on blogs). But it’s been nice to get pulled in by books again.
- Shopping for hats and hair clips with Em. It’s fun to do “girlie” stuff with her.
- Jay (5) said to me a few nights ago, “I’m going to be sad when I go to college, because I’ll miss you so much.”
What about you? What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Birthdays, Book Club, Books, Gratitude Sunday · Tags: 40th Birthday, Birthdays, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Margareaders