Gratitude Sundays are back! I didn’t post them while we were in Italy because, frankly, every post I wrote about Italy was a gratitude post. Now that I’m home, I want to get back into the habit of reflecting on the week with thankfulness. So here goes.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Although the constant shadow of certain death looms over every day, the pleasures and joys of life can be so fine and affecting that the heart is nearly stilled in astonishment.” — Dean Koontz
“The true miracle is not walking on water or walking in air, but simply walking on this earth.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
“Heat cannot be separated from the fire, or beauty from The Eternal.” — Dante Alighieri
Gratitude list for the week ending August 6
- Coming home. Even though it was difficult to leave Italy, so too is it good to be back home.
- BRINGING ROCKY HOME! The highlight of the homecoming, of course, was getting our dog back.
- Having lunch with my friend Jane in VA. We met the day before and the day after I left for Italy, which bookended the trip nicely.
- Getting together with my good friend Amy and her son – Jay’s best friend.
- My father-in-law is feeling better after having some health issues while we were gone.
- My mom picking us up from the airport in Denver and then having a ready-made dinner for us.
- Crickets chirping at night.
- Yummy grilled cheeseburger – first one in two months.
- A trip to the Boulder Farmer’s Market.
- The swell of inspiration I brought home with me from Italy. I can’t wait to start putting it to use in my writing and other endeavors.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy · Tags: Family, Friends, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Travel