The biggest event of this week was sending the kids off to school, including my baby to kindergarten. That is about the only thing that could be bigger than WriteOnCon – the amazing online conference dedicated to writing for children, provided for free! by its organizers.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Giving thanks for abundance is sweeter than the abundance itself.” — Rumi
“Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality.” — Alfred Painte
“Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” — The Hausa of Nigeria
Gratitude List for the week ending August 20
- Both Em and Jay had excellent first days of school.
- Jay LOVES school, and his teacher.
- The passel of hot air balloons that greeted them as they walked down to the bus stop
- The fact that Jay has Em to help him as he adjusts
- Claudia, our friendly and helpful bus driver
- The delicious and nutritious hot lunches available at school, courtesy of chef Ann Cooper and her team with the School Food Project
- Now that the kids are both in school at the same time and in the same place, I can work predictable, regular hours for the first time in five years.
- What a way to start a work week! WriteOnCon – packed to the gills, once again, with inspiration and solid tips that can be put into action NOW.
- The organizers of WriteOnCon, who, out of the goodness of their hearts, take the time to provide this conference at no charge. Check them out: Elana Johnson, Shannon Whitney Messenger, Jamie Harrington, Casey McCormick, and Lisa and Laura Roecker. Follow them, thank them, BUY THEIR BOOKS!
- My friend Corey Schwartz, who is always there to bounce around ideas and provide writing encouragement.
What are you grateful for this week?Authors, Children's Books, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Publishing, Writing · Tags: Authors, Casey McCormick, Children's Books, Corey Rosen Schwartz, Elana Johnson, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Jamie Harrington, Lisa and Laura Roecker, School, Shannon Messenger, WriteOnCon, Writing, Writing Conferences