Welcome to this week’s Gratitude Sunday post.
Quotes on Gratitude
“I am eternally grateful… for my knack of finding great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive…” — Kurt Vonnegut
“I walk ahead of myself in perpetual expectancy of miracles.” — Anais Nin
“Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” — Anne Frank
Gratitude List for the week ending October 22
- Fun day of Halloween window painting in downtown Lafayette with the kids yesterday. Jay was finished in 15 minutes. Em spent 3 hours! Luckily it was gorgeous outside and we were painting the window of a restaurant. They brought us
- Can I just say it again? We have had the most spectacular fall weather. Every day is sunny and 70 degrees and the colors are phenomenal. Looks like we’ll get 2-3 more days before the cold weather blows in.
- Both kids got rave reviews at Parent-Teacher conferences this week. Em is reading at near-sixth grade level and Jay is learning to contain his “big personality” (teacher’s quote) in order to pay attention and concentrate in class.
- Pizza dinner outside with the kids, followed by A Dolphin Tale movie. The movie is amazing! Everyone should see it.
- I bought a KILLER “little black dress” that will be my uniform for meetings, dinners out, etc. It can be worn in every season, dressed up or down, worn with boots, sandals or heels. In other words, one of those rare pieces that is just perfect. Seldom do I get so excited about purchases I make, but this one is an exception.
- I got a freelance writing assignment for an upcoming trip.
- I made a delicious Bucatini with Amatriciana sauce (which the kids ate almost every day in Italy), which we ate while sipping red wine (the adults) and listening to Luciano Pavarotti.
- I got very positive feedback from an author/mentor on one of my manuscripts. I really needed that at this particular point in time.
- I had a great time volunteering at the school Book Fair. It’s always fun to see which books the kids pick and talk to them about their choices.
- Although I don’t have much time to study, I’m enjoying my Italian classes.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Books, Children's Books, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, Writing · Tags: Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, Scholastic Book Fair