Quotes on Gratitude
“The point is not to pay back kindness but to pass it on.” — Julia Alvarez
“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world.” — John Milton
“I have had friends who have acted kindly towards me, and it has been my good fortune to have it in my power to give them substantial proofs of my gratitude.” — Giacomo Casanova
Gratitude List for the week ending November 5
- Phil helped me create a complex (at least to me) spreadsheet for a business plan.
- Watching Rocky romp around in the virgin snow in the field near our house. I doubt there is a creature on earth who loves the snow as much as he does.
- Likewise, watching two dogs at the dog park play tug of war with a rope. It is hard not to smile while watching dogs play.
- A Happy Halloween with perfect weather. It was the warmest Halloween evening since we moved to Colorado. No coats and long underwear underneath the costumes this year!
- The blogging/writing community – friends from PiBoIdMo, Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign, WANA 1011, Creative Leap Club, my critique group partners, etc.
- The kids enjoyed their first week of basketball season.
- I was the “Mystery Reader” in Em’s class on Friday. How I love reading to a group of eager kids. Can’t wait to do that with one of my own books one day. I read, Blackie, The Horse Who Stood Still – one of our favorites. None of the other kids had ever heard the (true!) story before, so that made it even more fun.
- Reading in front of the first fire of the season.
- Flannel pajamas
- Getting a few more queries sent out.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Children's Books, Dogs, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, PiBoIdMo, Winter, Writer's Platform-Building Campaign, Writing · Tags: Dogs, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Halloween, Julie Hedlund, PiBoIdMo, Queries, Rocky, Winter, Writer, Writer's Platform-Building Campaign, Writing