As a lead-in to this week of Thanksgiving, here’s Gratitude Sunday. The above is a little video of Jay’s Kindergarten class singing a song called Thanks a Lot. The video is not much to look at, but if the sound of those little voices singing doesn’t melt your heart, I don’t know what will. I’m sure you can guess which one is Jay…
Quotes on Gratitude
“I cannot believe that the inscrutable universe turns on an axis of suffering; surely the strange beauty of the world must somewhere rest on pure joy!” — Louise Bogan
“Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” — Edward Sandford Martin
“Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.” — J. Robert Moskin
Gratitude List for the week ending November 19
- My blogiversary! I was so touched by all of your amazing comments and I’m ever grateful to you for taking your valuable time to read this blog.
- We had a rough start to the evening, but we took the kids to see The Lion King at the Denver Center for Performing Arts, and they loved it.
- Visiting Jay to celebrate Thanksgiving with his Kindergarten class on Friday (see video).
- Meeting with my new in-person picture book critique group for the first time.
- Watching Em in a musical performance of Pigs Over Colorado, a book written by local author Kerry Lee MacLean. The new music teacher at the kids’ school has done a fantastic job of revitalizing the music curriculum.
- Both kids got excellent first trimester report cards.
- Stacy Jensen, for having me guest post on her blog.
- The School Food Project hosted a “Make a Rainbow on Your Plate” day at the kids’ school where they eat all the colors of the rainbow off the salad bar. A great response to the “pizza is a vegetable” debacle our government has inflicted on the school lunch program.
- I got to read on throughout the entire flight on the way to Virginia because the kids watched a movie.
- We arrived in Virginia in one piece yesterday and had a fun and relaxing dinner that Phil’s parents had prepared for us.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Children's Books, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Guest Blogging, Picture Books, Thanksgiving, Writing · Tags: Children's Books, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Picture Books, Quotes on Gratitude, Thanksgiving, Writer