What a week! A wonderful Thanksgiving in Virginia with the in-laws, a dinner out with my best friend, and MICHIGAN BEAT OHIO STATE! Since this is the first time I’ve been able to say that in SEVEN years, please indulge my desire to share some of the players’ post-game quotes.
Quotes on Gratitude for Winning the Game!
“My dream has always been to catch a touchdown in the Michigan/Ohio State game, and I finally did that. It means a lot to me and my family. It was a great play call. I was fortunate to slip inside the d-end, ran to the corner wide open, and Denard [Robinson] found me.” — Senior Tight End Kevin Koger
“I was out there playing for the seniors. I played my heart out, and the guys did too. That is what happened. I was just doing what I had to do. Playing for the seniors and playing for Michigan.” — Junior Quarterback Denard Robinson
“That was one of the best team games we’ve played regardless of the score, regardless of the stats. I… couldn’t be more proud of all the guys, every single player. I can probably speak for Mike [Martin – Senior Defensive Tackle] that we’ve been hoping since we were kids that we’d get the opportunity to win a Michigan-Ohio game and it’d be on our backs… It’s amazing. It’s the greatest feeling in the world.” — Fifth-Year Senior Defensive End Ryan Van Bergen
Gratitude list for the week ending November 26
- Did I mention that MICHIGAN BEAT OHIO STATE??? Oh, well, in case you hadn’t heard, MICHIGAN BEAT OHIO STATE!
- We cooked the best Thanksgiving turkey yet. After two years, I’m now convinced the secret is to cook it breast-side down.
- It was also my BEST turkey gravy ever, and it is the dish I am famous for – my dad taught me his method years ago.
- My mother in-law made the best pumpkin pie I’ve ever eaten.
- I had dinner with my best friend. As always, it wasn’t enough time but still very much appreciated.
- The four dogs my mother-in-law watched over the weekend, which helped us miss Rocky just a tiny bit less.
- Picking Rocky up at the kennel and seeing how excited he was to be home.
- Em finished Eragon – her first BIG book. Now I’m reading it!
- My cousin waited for me to get home this weekend so we could see Breaking Dawn together. Yes, we’re Twitards (and Team Edward).
- Taking our two kids plus one of their cousins to Great Falls Park on Thanksgiving Day. It’s so beautiful, and we hadn’t been there in years.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: College Football, Cooking, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Thanksgiving, Travel · Tags: College Football, Denard Robinson, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Michigan Football, Michigan-Ohio State Rivalry, Thanksgiving, University of Michigan