At the top of my list for this week’s Gratitude Sunday post is a story that’s too long for a bullet point. When we were in Italy this summer, on our last night in Camogli, I took the kids to a notebook/paper shop and got them each a little journal. Last night, when I told Jay it was time for bed he said, “Hang on a minute, I’m writing a book.” The ‘book’ was his journal, which he had taken to bed with him. “Do you want to read my book?” Of course I did.
“It’s a book about everything I love,” he said.
Family — He then clarified, “That’s the WHOLE family – like all THIRTY of them.”
F A M I L Y !!!!
I told him, honestly, that it was the best book I ever read!
Quotes on Gratitude
“Let your hook always be cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.” — Ovid
“Desire, ask, believe, receive.” — Stella Terrill Mann
“A person however learned and qualified in his life’s work in whom gratitude is absent, is devoid of that beauty of character which makes personality fragrant.” — Hazrat Inayat Khan
Gratitude List for the week ending December 3
- I am so grateful for EVERYONE who has voted so far for my entry in the MeeGenius Children’s Author contest. Your support means so much to me, regardless of the outcome.
- Finishing PiBoIdMo as a Winner – woo hoo! Wrap-up post coming soon!
- The incredible response to the launch of the 12 x 12 in 2012 Picture Book Writing Challenge. As of this writing, we’re up to 82 participants!!
- My homemade lasagna, even though the kids didn’t like it
- The gorgeous field I get to walk Rocky in each day. It’s beautiful in every season (see video above).
- Em had her second audition for a new play and thinks she did very well.
- Speaking with a long-distance friend on the phone
- Despite the hassle it brings, I’m grateful for the snow. We want a White Christmas AND a great ski season!!
- I am trying to be grateful for the fact that I can’t read this week. I am assuming that I will learn a great deal and the experience will be worthwhile. I also appreciate the words of support and sympathy from friends. 🙂
- Flannel sheets
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Children's Books, Creativity, Dogs, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, The Artist's Way, Winter · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Camogli, Family, Friends, Italy, Julie Hedlund, MeeGenius Author Challenge, PiBoIdMo, Rocky, Skiing, The Artist's Way, Winter, Writer, Writing