The first Gratitude Sunday post of 2012. Happy New Year everyone! This week I was especially grateful that my family gave me two full days by myself at the Breckenridge rental to organize for the year. I worked from the moment I got up until I collapsed into bed, only taking breaks to walk the dog and take my nightly soak in the jet tub. I loved every minute of it, and I feel so ready for 2012!
Quotes on Gratitude
“A new year is unfolding – like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within.” — Unknown
“You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” — Ralph Marston
“Each moment of the year has its own beauty… a picture which was never seen before and shall never be seen again.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gratitude list for the week ending January 7
- Author Katie Davis gave me an amazing New Year’s gift by asking me to come on her Brain Burps About Books kidlit podcast. I’ll be her first guest of 2012, and the interview goes live this Wednesday (so you’ll be hearing more soon :-)) What an honor and what a way to start the year!!
- I set four-year goals, which drove my annual goals (including 2012), which drove my monthly goals for 2012. First time I’ve ever planned this strategically (and tactically), and it feels great! Goals, not resolutions.
- Michigan won the Sugar Bowl!! Bonus video of the song that’s been going through my head all week at the end of the post! Hint: Def Leppard, 1980s…
- Laid down my first tracks of the season skiing at Breckenridge
- Six inches of snowfall on Saturday night
- The aforementioned deep-soaking jet tub at the Breckenridge rental. It is heaven on earth.
- Jay catching snowflakes on his tongue on the chairlift
- Watching Rocky’s pure, unadulterated joy at running through fresh snow
- Bright pink mountains in the morning at sunrise, and deep red mountains in the evening at sunset.
- The astonishing response to the 12 x 12 in 2012 challenge, the support and camaraderie of the group, and the whimsical, phenomenal badge Linda Silvestri made for us. I’m also grateful for Tara Lazar who kicked us off on Sunday. I started the 12 x 12 group to inspire other picture book writers, but the participants in the group are inspiring me far more!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Authors, College Football, Dogs, Family, Goals, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Picture Books, Skiing, Winter, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Brain Burps About Books, College Football, Goals, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Linda Silvestri, Michigan Football, New Year's, Rocky, Skiing, Tara Lazar, Winter, Writer, Writing