Quotes on Gratitude
“The grateful heart that springs forth in joy is not acquired in a moment; it is the fruit of a thousand choices.” — Nancy Leigh DeMoss
“Every single day do something that makes your heart sing.” — Marcia Wieder
“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” – Khalil Gibran
Gratitude List for the week ending January 21
- Jay’s teacher said about him, “His face tells thousands of stories that he would never be able to express in words.”
- I volunteered for the School Food Project in the kids’ cafeteria this week, as a chef came in to demo cooking stir-fry. Watching the kids gobble up that food, veggies and all, was a delight.
- I FINALLY got my business bank account open. So much hassle and such a relief to get it done. So you can all start sending me money now! 🙂
- Having movie night with the kids, watching Mr. Popper’s Penguins (and eating pizza and popcorn).
- My mom had the kids for a sleepover on Friday, giving me the night “off,” which I used to take a long hot bath and read my book.
- I got to spend a whole afternoon skiing with a girlfriend while our kiddos had a lesson. Amazing how many runs you can get in when you’re not constantly stopping for bathroom breaks, hot chocolate or to warm up little fingers and toes!
- I am grateful for the 12 x 12 in 2012 community. I’m in awe of the response to this challenge and how much the group members are already helping and supporting each other. It’s an inspiration! Don’t forget the deadline to sign up is January 29th – one week from today!
- I received and accepted a Top Secret opportunity this week that won’t be Top Secret for much longer. And no, it’s not that I got an agent, but I am SO excited about it!! 🙂
- I got to go for a run outside on a rare 60-degree day. Doesn’t happen much in Boulder in January.
- Listening to Em’s classmates all tell her what they appreciate about her during her “birthday circle” at the school.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Birthdays, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Skiing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Birthdays, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Movies, Mr. Popper's Penguins, School Food Project, Skiing