Quotes on Gratitude
“Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks.” -Charles Dickens
“The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
“Be like the sun for grace and mercy. Be like the night to cover others’ faults. Be like running water for generosity. Be like death for rage and anger. Be like the Earth for modesty. Appear as you are. Be as you appear.” — Rumi
Gratitude List for the week ending February 11
- My application to the Highlights Foundation Poetry for All Workshop was accepted! So I’ll be heading to Honesdale in May.
- In the light of less than a half moon, the stars in Breckenridge are brilliant.
- Fresh snow for skiing!
- Homemade 3-way Cincinnati chili – YUM!
- Another Margareaders meeting, and everyone enjoyed the book I chose – One Thousand White Women.
- Julie B. She knows why.
- Meeting with my in-person critique group. Go Boulder Picture Book Writers!
- Rocky laying at my feet under the desk while I work
- Watching Em have fun selling Girl Scout cookies – AND the fact that the sale is over! (We still have three boxes of Thin Mints left if anyone is interested)
- Reading easy readers with Jay. He never tires of it and is getting better and better. Soon he will read on his own!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Books, Children's Books, Cooking, Dogs, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Poetry, Skiing, Spirituality, Writing · Tags: August McLaughlin, Beauty of a Woman Blogfest, Book Club, Books, Cooking, Critique Groups, Family, Girl Scout Cookies, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Highlights Foundation, Margareaders, Poetry, Reading, Rocky, Skiing